White Sharks of Isla Guadalupe, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all of you for the nice comments. I was on the Andrea Lynn with San Diego Shark Diving (Doc Anes), earlier this week (Saturday through Wednesday, three full days at the island with about 20 hours of travel betwen Ensenada and Guadalupe on each end). All images were made with a Fuji S2 Pro in a Subal housing with the Nikon 12-24mm lens, two Nikon SB-105 strobes. I think the strobes made a significant difference when the shark was close enough to be in range, say 4-8 ft, and this happened often. ++Ken++

Beautiful shots Ken.

I bow down to thee!

I've heard about that boat charter...

fanastic. I'm afraid to look again.

Wow those sharks must have been close.
I think my SAC would have hit a new record and I doubt I would have remembered I even had a camera never mind taking those great shots.

Wow those sharks must have been close.
I think my SAC would have hit a new record and I doubt I would have remembered I even had a camera never mind taking those great shots.

I think they use a hookah set up.

Man, what awesome shots. Totally breath taking. I have a friend going on that trip next month so I am going to send him the link to your photos.

Thanks again for the kind words.

@fairybasslet - yes they use hookah rigs, it really minimizes the congestion in the cage.

@caloy - no, nobody goes outside the cage. Although I have to confess hanging partway out a few times :). As Doc Anes (the trip operator) says, it's not the one you see that gets you :).

@victor - they were literally within touching distance a few times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom