white shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gabriel90512

Reaction score
so now that the shark is out in open water .....
anyone know where it is

...............she has not eaten in a week ... :confused: :c :confused: onfused:

If I had to guess, I'd say chasing mackrel or tuna in the warm waters south of the Cape. I know they tagged her, so SOMEONE probably knows for sure, but it isn't me. For all I know, she could be cruising Folly Cove waiting for some tasty divers. :wink:

Scratch that. The tag isn't doing continuous broadcast... it's just recording info when it can, and will upload when it detaches from her in April. Gretel could be almost anywhere.

Yeah... they sure did. I'm not sure how they came up with that one, but I'm thinking it must be some kind of trail-of-breadcrumbs reference.

The beauty of diving in New England is that we don't get lots of small, colorful fish; we get big, impressive fish. I love the fact that ultimately, anything could come out of the gloom and into my field of view. It makes every ride down the descent line a thrilling one, as far as I'm concerned.

PeaceDog:
The beauty of diving in New England is that we don't get lots of small, colorful fish; we get big, impressive fish. I love the fact that ultimately, anything could come out of the gloom and into my field of view. It makes every ride down the descent line a thrilling one, as far as I'm concerned.

I will agree with that... I do however reserve the right to jump out of my skin if it is real big and has teeth like our friend Gretel.

Matt you are right about the "bread crumbs" concept contributing to the naming of Gretel. Basically it was named after the first attempt to lead the shark out of the "lagoon" with bait-bags...

Gabriel90512, not sure I'd recommend going to find a hungry Gretel. But sharks can go a few weeks without eating after a nice big meal (at least that's what I learned watching the news last week).

scubastew:
Matt you are right about the "bread crumbs" concept contributing to the naming of Gretel. Basically it was named after the first attempt to lead the shark out of the "lagoon" with bait-bags...

Gabriel90512, not sure I'd recommend going to find a hungry Gretel. But sharks can go a few weeks without eating after a nice big meal (at least that's what I learned watching the news last week).

Scubastew this may be my first year diving .. but im not crazy lol...
there is no way in hell i would go looking for Gretel......

ok ok i might if i was in a cage :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom