White-Fringed Pink picture taker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chip104:
like I said, you're a man of your word larry. :) Tell the story how you lost the hat. It was damn funny when pak told us at the bar!

btw, great plan you had of everyone wearing the tassles. :wink:

As I said, I really didn't think Chip would call my bluff. Accordingly, I'd never considered the actual mechanics of doing it.

Result - I didn't realise that the hat - which was made of natural fibre - would be very slightly positively bouyant. Couldn't keep the damn thing on (not a good fit, either), Pakman helped me out by stuffing it under my backplate so as not to lose it.

When the promised photo shoot took place at about 30m, the hat was now waterlogged and floppy as well as still being bouyant. I crammed it on my head, assumed the DIR pose...

...and the bloody thing lifted off my head. I went to grab it, but exhaled as I did so, the bubbles went into the 'bowl' of the hat, the brow taco'd round like an inverted wing, and off my lovely rodeo hat shot, surfaceward, like an pink exocet missile, never to be seen again:11doh: .

I imagine it is now the prized possession of some sartorially-challenged islander.

I don't actually miss it:D

ishbaby:
:lol: larry. . .

Thanks Ish, I was afraid you'd be a bit pissed-off with me by now:wink:

thepurplehammerhead:
Result - I didn't realise that the hat - which was made of natural fibre - would be very slightly positively bouyant. Couldn't keep the damn thing on (not a good fit, either), Pakman helped me out by stuffing it under my backplate so as not to lose it.

...and the bloody thing lifted off my head. I went to grab it, but exhaled as I did so, the bubbles went into the 'bowl' of the hat, the brow taco'd round like an inverted wing, and off my lovely rodeo hat shot, surfaceward, like an pink exocet missile, never to be seen again:11doh: .

I imagine it is now the prized possession of some sartorially-challenged islander.

slightly???

lucky islander. wish i had one :)

iris_ice:
lucky islander. wish i had one :)

Iris, we could arrange to get matching pink cowboy hats just for you and chip...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom