Whiskeytown lake in Redding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

recon_1996

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone ever dove in the Whiskeytown lake near Redding? I heard they flooded an old town and there is still streets, fences and parts of old buildings down at about 120-130ft? Anyone one know about that?
Aaron

Will be diving there this sunday . Unfortunately, I will be looking for a diamond bracelet a girl lost. I wont have time to dive the section containing the older part of town. Have heard a few things like you mentioned about the lake. If you want to dive it sometime Id be happy to go with you and check it out. There is a dive shop in redding called Howells dive shop that should have the answers to your questions.

Geoff

I've never dove the town. The divers I went with said it's not doable and I didn't ask questions.

Watch out for power boats. Lots of fisherman types and they don't seem to care about the dive flag. Just watch your compass so you don't have to pop up to the surface. That's not safe.

I talked to the Sheriff dispatcher and she said its a deep dive and they discourage divers from diving it. But after I explained what a tech diver was and the skill and equipment I would have and use,she said its not off limits. She didn't know how deep it was but said it maybe 200'. So heads up to anyone going up there to dive it. Me and my tech buddy may try it in March of next year, I'll take pictures if I do.
Aaron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom