Whiskey Wreck Since the Storm???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strangely enough this article was posted today on al.com. Timing is perfect! Thanks all for the info.

Mystery ship reappears at Fort Morgan after Tropical Storm Ida (with photo gallery) | Breaking News from the Press-Register - al.com

I wonder how old those pics are they are showing.... I assume they are new...

but it appears that the wreck has moved away from the houses some and back towards the beach. I would assume that the waves would have pushed it in further if it had moved.

bugman.... any comments on this? you know this area much better than the rest of us.

Hard to say from the pics, might be worth heading back out to see how it looks.

I would assume they are new as well...but you never know.

well I've grown where I dont' trust the news media... They are known for using "stock photos" often.

For example , in regards to this same storm, on the gulf during Tropical Storm Ida, they showed video footage of what they said were waves on the Gulf Shores State park pier....

the pier they showed in the footage couldn't have been more than 300-500 feet long. The Gulf State Park pier is about 1500 ft long. clearly they used "stock footage" or didn't check their facts of where their cameraman shot the footage.

so it's easy to be leary of them.

Hmm i may be heading out to see if I can once and for all locate that darn whiskey wreck tomorrow. Too bad I only have my sidemount rig.

Bah-Ha~!

Don't worry, I've dived the West Beach Paddlewheeler on too many occassions with my sidemount kit. I even did it in HP130s doubled up on my back once, just to see what it'd be like.

Bah-Ha~!

Don't worry, I've dived the West Beach Paddlewheeler on too many occassions with my sidemount kit. I even did it in HP130s doubled up on my back once, just to see what it'd be like.

paddlewheeler on doubled 130's? I bet your gauge needle didn't even move.

I think when we dove it, you came out of the water with like 2800psi after 45 minutes. You could prob dive that wreck that long with a Spare Air with your air consumption. Stasia prob even longer.

i just dont wanna haul the tanks down the beach

Stasia, as good as your air consumption is....

this will take care of you for at least an hour (or more)

P1190788ponysetupsmall.jpg

Back
Top Bottom