Whiskey Wreck and Alabama Point Jetties 3-25-7 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Everyone else got to swim on/near the surface as they ran out of air - LOL"

It was a geat dive with great people, but my suggestion would be to not run out of air as the surface swim back sucks!!!!!!!! Yes, I am whining! :(

Walk or surface swim, makes no difference if you have fish!:D
:monkeydan

SuPrBuGmAn:
Yeah, sheep were skittish, so I couldn't get up on them enough for the pole to get any penetration. I knifed a flounder on the jetties though, some bigger flatties over there at the moment..

Boats are running the sanbars looking for them(Cobia), I'm guessing they're seeing them as there are alot of em running.

Even when they are running full bore across the sandbars, its still rare when you're actually in the water with them on the Whiskey when they pass. Far from a sure thing. I only heard reports of seeing them twice last year across the Whiskey. God knows I dive that site more than anyone and I didn't see any.

I shot about a 30lb cobia off the Whiskey last spring. That is the only one I have ever seen out there, and I've been diving it for about 15 years.

Just as a side note, Hooters is where we always debrief too.

If I ever happen to be on the Whiskey with a Cobia, I can almost surely expect not to have my gun with me :p Polespear is enough to take most everything you expect to see on the Whiskey thats worth taking.

SuPrBuGmAn:
If I ever happen to be on the Whiskey with a Cobia, I can almost surely expect not to have my gun with me :p Polespear is enough to take most everything you expect to see on the Whiskey thats worth taking.

I was making a night dive on it with my spearpole, saw the fish, and it wouldn't let me get close enough. I came back early the next morning with my brand new Riffe, and found the Cobia in the same spot it had been the night before.

Back
Top Bottom