Whiskey Wreck 5-9-7 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After a dive at Pensacola Beach Reef, my second job cancelled allowing me to make another dive in Gulf Shores with Amadus98 and Kenny Robinson.

Conditions were ideal with a light wind out of the NW/W that kept the surf down to a minimum while visibility was holding strong after the NE/E winds from the previous day/night. Couldn't have asked for better beach conditions. Surface temps around 80F and the water temps in the mid 70sF made for one hellova comfortable dive. Like the P'Cola dive, I dove the Whiskey in my trunks, without additional exposure protection and felt quite comfortable.

Visibility kept steady around 15-20(maybe a bit more) and fairly clean during the beginning of the dive. The end had slightly reduced visibility(10-15' range). Very little current and very little surge kept the dive incredibly relaxed and everything visible. A wide assortment of schooling fish circled the wreck, most prominantly the regular spadefish, pinfish, pigfish, scad, and even schools of blues. Flounder littered the floor and pompano were found amongst the wreckage as well. There honestly was a ton of life to witness today and visibility made it incredibly easy to witness everything going on. Octopii were everywhere and they were quite curious in keeping an eye on us as we on them. We couldn't help but carry the dive on as long as possible, ending up making it last for 90 minutes before our quickest gas burner drained to 500psi(ish). I hit a max depth of 17' and exitted the water with 1100psi - this could have been a 2 hour dive for me, easily, with the right buddy or with someone with doubles(LOL).

Post dive debriefing and libations at Hooters. Thanks again for the beer Amadus! :D

Another great report.

You are getting to be to good with this.. :wink: Keep diving.

Michael

Yeah, I got skills, that report was typed while inebriated - mad skills.

Naw, got plenty in the freezer already. I'll take more when what I have is gone :wink:

My freezer is empty. Next time I am in the Mobile area maybe we can get to the Whiskey and I can get a few.
The last time I went on a spearfishing trip only 1/4 of the people wanted their catch. So I brought about 60 home. They lasted from Oct last year until 5 weeks ago.

Wow... that good of a quality dive report while drunk. You do have skills, my friend. Or as they would say on the skreet... yous got madz skillz... or something like that. What do I know?

Sounds like ya'll had a blast!

Caleb

Mat, I have plenty of room in my freezer AND I'm right around the corner if you need somewhere to store flounder. Rental fee is a minimum number of consumable morsels.

I've got more than enough fish space for myself, had enough to make it through winter without going fishless this past year.

If you want some flounder, its not a problem for me to grab a dozen or two for ya.

My family and I might be down that way nearer the end of July, I, if open to any one :p, would be glad to take you up on the offer of a few flounders. :wink:

I'd just need to be told how to cook it. :)

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom