While I was diving yesterday a little boy died.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dreamt about Kanamu all night. I don't know about immunization specifically for meningitis, although I thought Japan had all of it well covered. There's no choice about kid's vaccinations here - they happen.

I don't know the entire story, but after the hours of practice outside in the sun they've been doing, plus response time to the situation I just hope that somewhere, someone is asking a few questions to make sure this was unavoidable.

It's just so sad....6 years old.....a whole life gone.....

Thank you for your thoughts.

.....Meningococcal meningitis.....
we get a few cases of this here each year. its such a fast acting thing, you think the person is fighting the flu and then suddenly the rash appears and the person can be dead in an hour or 2.

:hugs: to you and your family and his classmates.... its such a sad, sad loss :(

That's terrible. My prayers to the family. Losing a child has to be the worst.

Dave

That sucks. I'm sorry, Kim.

I spent a few years in intimate, almost daily, contact with the oncology wing at a local pediatric hospital called Scottish Rite. You try to attach method or reason to the young lives you watch disappear. After a while you understand that you'll never understand.

There's nothing to say when a child is lost -- especially one you knew. It simply sucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom