Which/what type of BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've transitioned from horsecollars to jackets and now i use ss BP. The SS BP is, IMHO, the most optimised setup to-date. The horsecollar used to choke me, the jacket rode up, was bulky and had inherent buoyancy, not to mention having a bad attitude problem which kept me upright most of the time.

I wear a .5mm skin and have never had the chafing problem. The harness setup takes a bit more time but it will have been worth it because you'll have the closest thing to a custom- if not perfect- fit. And if you transition to a thicker suit all you have to do is move the harness any number of cm to compensate.

Been diving tropics since 78. I won't say the BP is the absolute best. There'l always be something better, but to date it is -by far.

And rwith regards comfort, diving is not an activity in which we aspire for La-zee boy level comfort. There will always be a certain amount of discomfort we will have to live with and I actually welcome that.

Best approach? Try out a properly fitted SS BP with help from someone who knows- and then decide.

K
Manila, Philippines

The feedback has been really useful, I have shortlisted a few which I'll post to see if anyone has any experience. Once I narrow it down I think I'll seek out a chance to try them out, if it is at all possible.

Cheers

kitbuga once bubbled...
diving is not an activity in which we aspire for La-zee boy level comfort
I do.
E. itajara

Back
Top Bottom