Which wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conor

Reaction score
Hi

I am just about to head off for a weeks diving in Eilat and would like to buy a wetsuit before I go.

I am a new diver (only 13 warmwater dives) so would like to get some advice on which suits would be most suitable for the type of diving I am expecting to do. At present I have only dived in the med and expect to continue to dive in the Med/red sea year round (when I can). I would also like to try diving in the UK in Summer (but don't want to jump straight into dry suits at this point), and don't know if I'll like it enough to base my equipment on UK diving.

The two options I have seen that seem most suitable for my purposes are a combination of 5mm Full suit, shorty and hood which can be combined to give 10mm on the torso, or worn seperately as either a 5mm shorty or full suit. The next option is a 7mm full suit (which I think may be a bit to much for the red sea). Any opinions on whether these suits would cover the types of diving mentioned would be appreciated.

Also opinions on buying wetsuits over the web (I don't have a local dealer) would also be welcomed

Cheers

Conor

As the temps in the red sea are not the same year round and you are diving in the med, with temp difrences over the year as well,I think a 7mil semidry will be just fine and get a 5 mil shorty as well as they are quite inexpensive.
well that is what I have done and it worked out so far. And down here on the Canary Islands where I live Temps gange from 16 to 26 C during the Year.

Dive safe
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom