Which way do you mount you MK25?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmneill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just curious, as I have always mounted mine "right side up" but have seen a noticed a few people using them in what I had previously thought to be "up side down". I kind of like the clean look that gives. Any opinions?

Last edited:
Turret down on singles, turret at a 45* angle pointed in and down on doubles.

Cocked at a 25-30(ish) degree angle in singles. Turret down.

7' Longhose coming off the bottom port
24" necklace backup off a right-side port
22" LP inflator off a left-side port
24" HP hose from left-side HP port

Turret down

Bumber Cap Up, same setup as 50Fathom.

As a neebie diver when I first purchased a MK25 and S600, my LDS had it setup the other way.
Took me a week before I realised it was wrong and changed it.

I don't dive singles much anymore.

Regards Corrie

Turret down, as it is less likely to hit the back of my head when I look up. Caveat is that on some tanks with a short neck valve, the clearance might be insufficient. I recall in the manual that scuba pro states that you can install it either way, so you can put it up or down depending on how it works best for you and your style of diving.

Cap up, turret down. Just seemed to make more sense to me, haha, but also for what NAUI said about hitting my head when I look up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom