Which version mk25/s600 do I have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffreydc

New
Reaction score
Just bought this regulator used online and cant tell if its the older or latest version of the mk25/s600. If its the older version I would like to know what the differences are so I can decide whether its worth keeping or returning it.

Attachments

• s600.jpg
    s600.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 214
You have the previous model S600 second stage, which has the same delivery rate of gas as the the new model. Only outward cosmetic changes differentiate the two. The MK25 has remained unchanged since it's inception in the mid 2000's. There is absolutely no reason not to like this set-up. It has been the best selling upper-end regulator combination for nearly a decade.

Here is a look at the current MK25/S600 combo on SP's website...

http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/regulators/products/mk25s600.aspx

The MK25 is the "previous" release( the current has round holes and a rounded cap.
Absolutely worth keeping :)

Yep. The previous version. Still a great regulator & just as easily serviced at the newest model. Most of the changes are only cosmetic. I have 6 of those types out of 9 that I own. I notice no real difference in work of breathing or functionality between the body styles. The biggest differences in the MK25 is the caps, shinier chrome & a little difference in body style. The newest S600's have metal barrells inside, where the older ones have plastic. The odler ones can be retrofitted, if needed. I retrofitted mine because I do a lot of cold water diving.

Last edited:
According to this site and just looking at the picture you show, HomeMUSEU the first stage was mfg in 2004-2006 and the second stage was mfg in 2001-2005. But this site does not appear to show the newest model from 2011 to present. Maybe just not updated.

this is a older version of this kit.
the difference is the metal barrel in the second stage.only present in the current set.
the mk25af is the same as the current one ,only minor exterior changes...that´s all
performance is very good with your setup...for colder waters the new s600 is better ,but that way you would not use a mk25....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom