Which tank? And what other options..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawkenph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all.
I have been driving all around town looking to see what tanks are here in Cebu, Philippines. I have been looking for the a Steel HP's (preferably 100's). The only manufacturers I have found are Luxfer AL and Catalina AL.. I want steel and it seems the only way I can get that is through the mail and having to deal with Customs fees,etc.. Which last time I was taxed at 27%. So, I am hoping to find a way not to line someone else pocket. Any ideas? If not if you had to choice a manufacturer which one would you choose between Luxfer and Catalina and why? And instead of a 100 I might have to get the AL 80's..
Thank you for any help.
Kurt

If you can only get aluminium locally then personally I dont think theres a lot of differance between Luxfer or Catalina products.

The only noticeable differance I can think of is that Luxfer manufactures in the UK as well as the USA and the neck threads differ for the markets (ie) the cylinders manufactured in the UK will normally have a M25 X 2 (METRIC) neck thread, where as those manufactured in the USA will have an 3/4 NPSM neck thread, and the cylinder sizeing is differant (ie) 10 litre, 12 litre, 15 litre as opposed to 65s, 80s and 100s in the USA market - sizeing is personal, but there may be issues if you intend replacing valves later (ie) 3/4 NPSM thread cylinder valves are not well supported in some (predominantly metric) countries and of course vice versa, so if you have a neck thread thats differant to whats normally sold locally it may be an issue getting replacements locally, which may be a concern,..........or it may not?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom