Which submersible dive tables?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should not need... You should... During the dive you should... Seriously.

Diver0001,

I do not dive this/your way. I do not use a PDC, and I do not plan my dives using desktop software. Seriously.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

I keep them in my head.

Nitrox, above 60 feet, I usually want out of the water before deco becomes an issue. Between 60 and 110 feet it is wonderful. N

I went thru the trouble of learning the nitrox tables then discovered nitrox was useless for me, used it 2x's 3 years ago haven't used it since. What does that mean?

That means I wasted time, effort, and money on something that is useless to me. Something I try avoid.

The IANTD tables are good. I keep several sets in my wetnotes. They fold up easily. Only issue I have found is that folded up, eventually you'll loose the data on the inside crease as it's just silkscreened onto the backing. No big deal, just sharpie the couple numbers on and you'll be fine, or just look at the former and latter numbers and SWAG from there.

They offer a normal air table with 50% accelerated deco on the back, and I know they had a Navy table that was the same, but I'm not sure if they are still making the Navy table.

Last edited:
There is an extremely simple answer for this question and I only need one word to say it:

SHEARWATER

Problem solved :)

Diver0001,

I do not dive this/your way. I do not use a PDC, and I do not plan my dives using desktop software. Seriously.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

ok. I read your profile and it looks like you've decided to go the vintage route. You say in your profile that you are looking for an uncomplicated approach and yet you want to use tables under water as opposed to a computer. Personally I find that to be a complication so to me your logic does not look consistent. YMMV.

So having said that, what would suit your logic would be to just get a copy of any old table and transfer the relevant information to an underwater notebook. Probably the easiest table to work with for this would be the GUE one but it assumes that you make all dives with 32% so be aware of that. I don't know if they have an air one. I don't think GUE dives with air, but I could be wrong.

If you think that your dive is going to get complicated enough that you might need to re-plan it under water then the IANTD tables are probably your best bet for taking with you under water. They can roll up to fit in a pocket and won't break and their air tables contain decompression schedules if, for some reason, you end up over the NDL's. A computer has this built in, of course, but very few tables have that feature.

Good luck.

R..

also,if you go with a PADI dive table bear in mind that the one of yesteryear and the one today are slightly different.The new one is more conservative,not like the one I went by in the 70's and 80's.

Last edited:
@AfterDark,

Yes, thanks, I know/knew about these. These, and similar, can be purchased new several places. These seem to be hard plastic, and cannot be folded and do not fit comfortably in a pocket. This kind would seem to fit best in a save-a-dive kit.

I am hoping to find something printed/silkscreened on *flexible* stock/substrate, like my current tables. The IANTD tables referenced above seem to be closer to what I am looking for. But, as mentioned, I am hoping for US Navy, or NAUI, or DCIEM, etc. tables--that is, tables that have been developed using human and/or animal scientific testing, and have a significant history of successful use by recreational divers.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom