Which strobe for Oly C5050?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, I'm going to order a strobe, like in the next 2 days and trying to decide b/w the S&S YS-90DX and the Inon-D180. I'm leaning towards the Inon. Can anyone tell me where would be the best place to purchase one online? Thank you so much. I figure this should be a good buy before I go to Crystal River on Memorial Day, and to North Carolina in July. Thanks so much.

I can highly recommend 2 places.

UWDigital - Yuzo is very knowledgeable and not a pushy saleman. Very helpful. He's located in Japan so if you need any warranty work, it'll may have to be sent back to him. He was going to look into the Inon repair center in the US to take care of US customers but I haven't checked with him about that lately. His deliveries rarely take more than 4 days and has the cheapest prices, even including shipping. Payment is best made through PayPal.

Underwater Camera Pros - Ryan is also very knowledgeable and more than willing to help and answer your questions. He's located in Kansas City, MO so warranty needs are no problem. His prices are a little higher but accessability is a plus.

Between these two gentlemen, I've ordered all the major components of 3 digital rigs, except the cameras themselves. I'll gladly use either of them again.

Dee:
I can highly recommend 2 places.

UWDigital - Yuzo is very knowledgeable and not a pushy saleman. Very helpful. He's located in Japan so if you need any warranty work, it'll may have to be sent back to him. He was going to look into the Inon repair center in the US to take care of US customers but I haven't checked with him about that lately. His deliveries rarely take more than 4 days and has the cheapest prices, even including shipping. Payment is best made through PayPal.

Underwater Camera Pros - Ryan is also very knowledgeable and more than willing to help and answer your questions. He's located in Kansas City, MO so warranty needs are no problem. His prices are a little higher but accessability is a plus.

Between these two gentlemen, I've ordered all the major components of 3 digital rigs, except the cameras themselves. I'll gladly use either of them again.

All mods who've ordered from one or both of these guys, please step forward....

With Yuzo - I ordered my D180, arms, tray, etc. on a Thursday, it arrived that next Tuesday. THAT IS QUICK. Dude rocks.

K

LOL...wish I had a nickel for every person that I've sent to these guys who bought stuff. I need to work a commission deal! :D

Dee:
LOL...wish I had a nickel for every person that I've sent to these guys who bought stuff. I need to work a commission deal! :D
I know what you mean, Dee :D. Yeah, Yuzo absolutely rocks! He will answer your emails, usually within the hour (time zone depending), whether it's about something that's worth a few dollars (like o-rings) or a few thousand dollars.

Back
Top Bottom