Which Speargun should i get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mako makes a great gun. I note that no one has mentioned AB Biller, I still have one that I like, but it is fifteen years old. Are they not what they once were?

Mako makes a great gun. I note that no one has mentioned AB Biller, I still have one that I like, but it is fifteen years old. Are they not what they once were?

I’m not a wooden gun guy but from the scuttlebutt I hear is the Billers are below the new JBL Woody series with the new trigger mechanism, but above the older models. There are a lot of Riffe aficionados but they tend to be a higher price point. Above that you get into the hand-made Wongs, Sea Snipers, etc.

I think the Billers still use metal wishbones too.

Thanks, and 1 more question to end it, should i get a 70cm ( 13.5ft range ), 80cm ( 16ft range ), 90 cm (17.75ft range, or a 100cm ( 19.25ft range )
Mainly for use in the western side of florida.

You'll get more local information if you try Spearboard.com. They have a forum for the Gulf side of Florida and guys there have better info on the vis.
Basically, if you have good vis, a longer gun is better. You can't make long shots with a short gun but you can make short shots with a longer gun.

You'll get more local information if you try Spearboard.com. They have a forum for the Gulf side of Florida and guys there have better info on the vis.
Basically, if you have good vis, a longer gun is better. You can't make long shots with a short gun but you can make short shots with a longer gun.

Ocean rhino. Spear1 on spearboard and spearfishing planet

I've made my decision, i have ordered a mako predator 90"....Twin 16" bands, open muzzle, Mini sharkfins, and medium pull. Thanks for all the help people! :)

Did you get a speargun? What have you shot with it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom