Which snare/bag for lobster/lion fish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2CF3908B-33F9-45B7-B1A0-F215E4386468.png
There are not that many lionfish around.

Um. ...ok...

This is a very popular lobster snare. You might be able to find a better price if you shop around a little.

Lobster Snare - Green - A-Plus
I like that snare too.

I would also suggest to not buy anything lobster related in the next 7 days. Mini season is this coming Wednesday and Thursday, and every dive shop around here appears to be pushing lobstering gear very hard. I doubt you can get any deal on any of that.

Sucks!..... the agony of the Lions's fish sting...
After a while you kinda get used to it.

We are commercial hunters and lions pay nicely. I normally get stung half dozen times a year, but last weekend I was distracted and took 2 deep hits to my outside shin muscle. Topside I put a pair of sodium heat crack packs under my wetsuit to hold them in place for 45 mins. 2 days later the stings were still tender but no longer noticeable when I walked. Completely gone now.

It's always something underwater, sharks, jellyfish, lions and next week it will be those nasty spotted eels as we reach back deep in the holes to free a big bug that rocked up. Anyone who doesn't like diving just hasn't been hurt enough underwater to love it more!

That pic is actually a buddy of mine. I think it was a recent tournament in Destin. They one first place for #shot

I thought it might be from around there. The lionfish density is very different where the OP was planning to go versus the Gulf of Mexico that is far, far away. I've seen videos of huge densities there, but nothing like that around here.

I thought it might be from around there. The lionfish density is very different where the OP was planning to go versus the Gulf of Mexico that is far, far away. I've seen videos of huge densities there, but nothing like that around here.

I’ve heard of no shortage on the east coast either. Keep in mind, the above group are pretty seasoned and aggressive lion fish hunters. Depending on conditions, they may not always be out in the open. A few I saw shot last month in Jupiter were deep inside cover and hiding pretty well.

You will also find more on deeper spots in some cases.

Which one of you native sons of the sunshine state is going to take Steve the WV diver under their fins and accompany him on his many dives for lobster and the elusive but dangerous lion fish ?

It is increasingly apparent that he a rank novice who considers him self to know every thing yet knows nothing.

So step up, be a good diving ambassador of Florida and accompany him on his dives...demonstrate when, how, where to find game, how to capture is and secure after captured, either by stringing or in a specialized container.

And most important - how to take pictures of the catch for "the folks back home...."

Who will be the first to volunteer as a dive guide ?

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom