Question which resort/dive shop do Liberty Wreck as a boat dive in Tulamben or Amed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roaming

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, plan a diving holiday in September, is there any operator do Liberty wreck a boat dive?
We dived there several years ago for shore dive, and know most of the operators do it with shore dive, but it is really a challenge for us....

Cheers~

Any should be able to arrange a boat if you are willing to pay. @ScubaWithTurk can hook you up easily

Two Fish in Amed used to do Liberty from their boat before Covid.
Not sure if Twofish are still using their boat now for this specific dive.
I was diving with them last December, the few customers who were diving Tulamben/Liberty were taken by car to the Tulamben dive sites. Maybe not enough customers at the time.

Some Tulamben operators regularly dive the wreck using their boat like Scuba Seraya or Villa Markisa.
I think also Mimpi does it, when I'm in Tulamben I often see morning dive boats on the Liberty coming from their side : maybe @AlMitch can confirm since he was there some weeks ago.

Not sure if Twofish are still using their boat now for this specific dive.
I was diving with them last December, the few customers who were diving Tulamben/Liberty were taken by car to the Tulamben dive sites. Maybe not enough customers at the time.

Some Tulamben operators regularly dive the wreck using their boat like Scuba Seraya or Villa Markisa.
I think also Mimpi does it, when I'm in Tulamben I often see morning dive boats on the Liberty coming from their side : maybe @AlMitch can confirm since he was there some weeks ago.
Many thanks @Luko and @CWK , will check with Mimpi and two fish *-)

I heard that Alam Batu at Amed only do boat dives, but seems a little bit pricey or me...

While villa Markisa is beyond our budget too, for Scuba Seraya the last post on their FB is in March, 2020 not sure if they are still running, will check with them then...

heard that Alam Batu at Amed only do boat dives, but seems a little bit pricey or me.
Alam Batu is not located in Amed, It's further west of Tulamben past Kubu. I was more thinking of the southeastern locations in between Tulamben and Amed.
Otherwise in Kubu you also have Siddharta resort who have speedboats, it's located closer to the wreck than Alam Batu, but that's also pricey.

FWIW and even though it looked quite a bit deserted and some parts under renovation when I dived around the place in december, it seems you can book Scuba Seraya through their website and Booking.com so I guess they're "alive and running".

@roaming
Mimpi did not dive the wreck by boat, but rather drove us around in their car.
BUT they do offer boat dives, I went to Alam Anda by boat. Boat diving is an extra cost...but not much.
SO if you really wanted to dive the wreck by boat I'm pretty sure they would oblige.

As for Scuba Seraya, ye according to the dive guides from Mimpi they were shut down for quite some time during Covid and only have recently opened, but under new owners.
I tried reaching out to them via emails, FB etc but no response.

I would highly recommend Mimipi.

Last week my guide said Seraya was open but "no guests." Not sure what that means. Maybe they are working and trying to get things good-to-go again? He also said no one is diving there anymore.

Alam Batu is not located in Amed, It's further west of Tulamben past Kubu. I was more thinking of the southeastern locations in between Tulamben and Amed.
Otherwise in Kubu you also have Siddharta resort who have speedboats, it's located closer to the wreck than Alam Batu, but that's also pricey.

Yes,@Luko you are right about the location about Alam Batu. Regarding for the Siddharta, I checked with their website and there is no availability to accommodate us during my visit even their have a special package rate for 7 days dive package.

@roaming
Mimpi did not dive the wreck by boat, but rather drove us around in their car.
BUT they do offer boat dives, I went to Alam Anda by boat. Boat diving is an extra cost...but not much.
SO if you really wanted to dive the wreck by boat I'm pretty sure they would oblige.

As for Scuba Seraya, ye according to the dive guides from Mimpi they were shut down for quite some time during Covid and only have recently opened, but under new owners.
I tried reaching out to them via emails, FB etc but no response.

I would highly recommend Mimipi.
Thanks @AIMitch for the info about Mimpi and Seraya, I have sent email to Mimpi and see what they say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom