which regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im really torn between the atomic b2 and tha aqua long legend lx. they both run about the same, and if im not mistaken, the lx is alittle bit cheaper. im not worried about a octo, im planning on an atomic ss1, or air source. im gonna go talk to me lds again today, and see about the difference in servicing. hopefully that will help my decision.

dan

scooba doo:
i am looking into buying my first regs. im looking into the aqua lung legend/legend lx, and the scuba pro s600. i have heard nothing but great things about both of them. but i want to make sure i get the right reg for what im diving in. i live in michigan, so i will do some diving here, mainly spring summer diving, so nothing frigid(50-70F). also i will be doing some diving in warmer places, i.e., the keys, caribbean... i want something that is easily serviced. not looking to spend a fortune on something titanium, just something that is good for the money and is an easy breather. thanks

dan

p.s. also hearing good things about apex and conshelf, anymore information is appreciated.
I agree The Atomic, Apeks or Scuba Pro...Best regs I've used...Atomic Performed great in Fiji 110 feet deep swimming toward the outflow of a river looking for Sharks...swam as hard as I could...Never Starved for air never stressed...It was incredible..

I dive primarily in Lake Michagan. Low 40's and high 30's are the norm under 70 feet pretty much all year round. I have been diving the ScubaPro MK17 with the S600 and love it. The guys who go real deep around here, 300+ are all using the same setup.

i think ive decided on the atomic b2. nothing really stuck out for both of them, but i got 3 recomendations from the lds over the aqua lung. they said both were great, but just prefer the atomic.

i use an old scubapro mk 200/g200 set up. works great even up to now. just purchased an atomic b1. there is not much breathing resistance. works wonders even at depth. (dove to around 120 ft over the weekend)

Our whole family has ScubaPros and we have never had any problem with them, They are guaranteed for life as long as you have them serviced annually by your LDS. The Atomic regs are also very good and have gotten top honors in Scuba Diving magazine the last few years. Another time-honored classic reg is the Mares Abyss, or if you are going to do much cold weather diving -- the Mares Proton Ice. You have to be careful of titanium if you are going to be using Nitrox.

Back
Top Bottom