Which Reg GS200 or Maximus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLOBALflyer

Registered
Reaction score
Which reg would you buy. I have been reading throught the post for a while and cant decide. What are the PROs and CONs.
Thx

GLOBALflyer:
Which reg would you buy. I have been reading throught the post for a while and cant decide. What are the PROs and CONs.
Thx

Mares Proton Metal. if i had to choose between your options I'd pick the GS2000.

GLOBALflyer:
Thx
Used both used a gs 2000 and oz for the past 4 yrs and a maximus in the Caribbean for 3 yrs found them both to be great regs but both suffer with exhaust valve leaks.
The gs leaks after a few weeks of a new valve, I have done all the tests and found it to be its only flaw for me.

Maximus.

The GS2000 and the rest of the line up you will find are not very widespread and not very well supported. Sherwood is the opposite and very easy to find support for. The pros of the maximus are that it is adjustable and you can actually notice the difference in the breathing resistance. It is easy to clean and self maintain. Never had and exhaust leak on a Sherwood, and the bubble dispersion is better than any other reg I have ever used. Go sherwood.

Thx for your responses. The Sherwood sounds like the better reg, accrd to Rescue Diver. I do want a reg where I can get support almost everywhere. After further reading on the board, I am now considering the Mares V16 Metal. Do you think that would be the way to go. I plan to dive Tropics and 50 F temps. What about the Aeris Pro? What would you buy for around that price range.
Thx

I dive with a GS2000 and have had no problems with it in the past (5 years). It delivers very well, the adjuster actually makes a difference and seems to be a very high performing reg. The only pet peeve I have with it is the narrow exhaust T on the 2nd stage, just dumps the bubbles right in your field of view when swimming.

The Mares is a good reg also. It has very good performance without the knobs and dials of the other regs in its class. I think that I would still take the Maximus over it though. The Aeris I am not sure of. They are apparently a good bang for your buck regulator, but I would hesitate on that aswell, as they are new and understandably poorly supported right now. I looked at US prices and found that the Zeagle Tech50D is only about $20 more than the Aeris Pro. This is an excellent reg and the highest performer and best price. Evironmentally sealed for the cold and salt and even ajustable and coldwater suited. Not to mention that it is widely supported. I think that would be my pick so far... It all depends on what is supported for service in your area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom