Which pressure gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

janapetr

Registered
Reaction score
I was told that Suunto pressure gauge is not worth the price and adviced to go for Uwatec mineral. Any suggestions? Anyway, I want their compass SK-7. Thanks.

Look for the Uwatec Master Pressure Gauge. Those are real nice. I also like the Dive Rite or OMS brass pressure gauges.

Eric

janapetra,

For things like pressure guages, the brand isn't important. What is important is having the correct features. Most manufacturers have a single, double and a tripple console. Decide which of these you want, then look at the different shape / sizes.

Single = just pressure guage
Double = Pressure guage, plus depth
Tripple = Pressure guage, depth, and compass.

Generally, tripples have two on one side (pressure guage and depth guage), turn it over and you have a compass. Alternatively, you have the depth and pressure one above the other, and the top bit is angled over with a compass.

Look round, find one that you are happy with. There is very little difference, other than how the guages are packaged together.

If you want their SK7 compass, just find a tripple console with that particular compass.

Jon T

Gauges are pretty much standard in quality. The more logical course of action is to find the configuration you want at a reasonable price.

The only other point I can add is to check the console (boot) to make sure that the gauges fit snugly, yet can be removed if need be for servicing/replacement. Also that gauges are recessed; the console should bear the brunt of any abuse rather than the instruments themselves.

~SubMariner~

Thanks. I'll have Suunto then.

I have two suunto 3-guage consoles I picked up in 89, which have been through alot....no complaints. The consoles are made of heavy rubber, so they have always been well protected, which I'm sure has helped.

Back
Top Bottom