Which pelican case to store air supply gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Furner

Contributor
Reaction score
Im going to be buying a pelican case to keep my regs, computer and mask in on my flights, what size do you use for this stuff?

If you decide to go the hard pack route, look at the Storm Cases - they are lighter, have better latches and padded handles.

IMHO, you should think about a nice backpack for your reg/computer/mask instead of a hard case.

jlyle:
If you decide to go the hard pack route, look at the Storm Cases - they are lighter, have better latches and padded handles.

IMHO, you should think about a nice backpack for your reg/computer/mask instead of a hard case.
I plan on carrying the case within a backpack carryon, my thoughts are that a hard case draws more attention than a backpack. i tend to break fragile things in my backpack, so i thought that a hard case would help me get my gear down south intact.

Furner:
I plan on carrying the case within a backpack carryon, my thoughts are that a hard case draws more attention than a backpack. i tend to break fragile things in my backpack, so i thought that a hard case would help me get my gear down south intact.

In that case, you might consider using a large plastic storage case (think big Tupperware). I pack my misc camera stuff in a plastic box I bought at Target and put it inside my suitcase to provide a little more structural strength and protection. Advantages over Pelican or Stormcase = lower cost and significantly lower weight.

i would do that if i was checking my regs and such, but i do not trust the airline with that stuff, regardless of if it will get replaced if lost or stolen, i need to arrive at my destination with my gear. i will me carrying my regs with me in my carry on. my bc and suit will be checked, because i can do without those if i have to.

I use my 1620 when letting my gear out of sight (checkin luggage) but my regs and mask are with me in the reg bag as carryon.

When arriving destination, I throw the regbag inside the 1620 with the rest of the gear, if checkin lugage later on, just pick the regbag.

Back
Top Bottom