Which pee valve do you like the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Baldwin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I have been diving dry for a number of years and have two drysuit an O'Neil 7.5 mm with neoprene seals and a White's with latex seals. Neither one of these suits has a pee valve.

When I'm working with students or just doing about an hour long dive I can do fine. If it's doubles and deco I can assure you that three Depends is not enough and I'm ready to upgrade.

Which ones do you like the like the best and why? Balanced/unbalanced, bolts, big, small valves. Just would like some input before I start spending.

I've got the balanced OMS Al and I like it just fine, but it's the only one I've ever used so I have nothing to compare it to.

It's balanced. It's easy - completely automatic. No bolt to deal with. There's nothing to do but use the thing. The flow feels completely unrestricted.

The only thing is, if it's not hooked up, you have to close the open end of the tube in your suit or a minor bit of water (about a silver dollar sized circle) leeks back in. I just let it, 'cause the amount is so minimal.

balanced bolt style like Halcyon's old one. they have a new one I haven't seen or used. I don't like the larger ones like OMS, Si Tech.

Just be very careful, if you get "backwash" you can end up with the most horrible infection ever....

cerich:
balanced bolt style like Halcyon's old one. they have a new one I haven't seen or used. I don't like the larger ones like OMS, Si Tech.

Just be very careful, if you get "backwash" you can end up with the most horrible infection ever....

Salvo Diving still sells the bolt style. I have 2 of these, a Halcyon and a Salvo, as far as I can tell the only diference is the marketing and I recall Salvo was a lot cheaper than Halcyon. Mine are balanced and I wouldn't want an unbalanced model. You will be happy for making the switch.

Ive asked before but no on respons... after a dive, how do you remove the tubing from the cathater without spillage? I can do it carefully so I dont spill on myself, but then the residual fluid runs down the outside of my suits leg.

David P:
Ive asked before but no on respons... after a dive, how do you remove the tubing from the cathater without spillage? I can do it carefully so I dont spill on myself, but then the residual fluid runs down the outside of my suits leg.
Just like without. No matter how much you shake and dance... :D

I use the quick disconnect couplers (search for older threads on P valves), so I have (almost) no spillage.

I just hose down the area after I flush the unit

I've used Werner valves for 10 years,they are simple and unfallable-Werner created the "bolt type" P valve so I am sure you'll find copies. I think a balanced p-valve is a waste of money and offers minimal benefit. I use unbalanced,and easily "drain my main vein" at 330'

that's TMI...get a real discharge system, you need one.

I use an el cheapo ($35) unbalanced bolt-type valve...no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom