which one? g-15 vs rx100 for wide angle - limited macro photography.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly right. So it is not a lens you can use in ambient light without strobes which is what I was trying to explain our G15 fans here

I got the ambient light shots...just haven't uploaded them yet. Had to open up to F2.7 (was already shooting @ ISO200-1/320)...not very good but I already knew that was gonna be the case...but negated by the fact I already own 2 strobes so not an issue.

less than a ft away...no post processing.
ambient_zps475fa502.jpg

Love my RX100 for medium to wide angle work. I am using the Inon H100 lens and dome but looks like the FIX UWL 28 is also getting good results. With the Subsee +10 diopter it is "ok" for macro. All the photos here where taken with it Aquablue Dreams. Will have some more from our recent Raja trip. I shot it against the Oly OMD-EM5 with the Lumix 8mm and in some cases, like shooting sun ball shots, prefered the RX100.
Man MJH your Fiji shots are brilliant! And they truly are showing off the Sony's IQ mucsles. Peer pressure is starting to get to me and making me think that I should just suck up the fact that the Sony is a not a great camera to handle and focus on the pics it produces....

I am not sure about the issue of the handling of the camera? For pictures you have in essence 4 presets no need to white balance or anything like that I am not sure where is the complexity. You have two memory recalls that you can use for wide and macro and then the usual Shutter speed and program for ambient light
It makes it look like you are continuously changing settings underwater that is usually not the case

Back
Top Bottom