Which of these would you choose?.....

Which diving location?

• Balearic Islands (Majorca,Menorca,Ibiza)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Canary Islands (Gran Canaria, Tenerife etc)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Malta

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nessy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm just about to book a cheap holiday for the Summer, I am going with my girlfriend who doesn't dive so that is a consideration.

Which of the locations on the poll would you choose given the limited options?

Nessy:
Hi all

I'm just about to book a cheap holiday for the Summer, I am going with my girlfriend who doesn't dive so that is a consideration.

I enjoyed diving in Malta. That is diving not driving :sappy:
Gozo is phenomenal A1, 1st class. You would probably like it even more. That's only 15 minutes by ferry off the north coast of Malta.

Cheers

Lawrence

Hey Lawrence! I go for Gozo! Just about to Dive the Blue Hole! Then this afternoon the Inland sea. Its all work as I have to take a couple divers with me. Cant wait till summer comes so I can take my Semi Dry off. Happy Diving were ever you go.

I'd go to one of the Greek islands like Mikanos or Kos. The diving may not be that good but you have a much better chance of finding a new girlfriend that wants to dive :D :wink:

Hi Mark, I can only wish. At the moment here in SW Ontario the temp is above zero but still single digit. We got ice in most diving areas. I would still go but the ice is shifting and that can be lethal. Got a brand new pair of turtles with spring straps that I'm, dying to try out. Just like a kid with his new toys.

Yorkshire Divers from the UK are going to visit Malta and possibly Gozo either March or Apr. You should contact them. They can’t wait just like a bunch of youngsters. Apparently they want mostly shore dives, perhaps a dive or two off a boat and a couple of DPV. I don’t know if they’ll be going teckie. A buddy of mine from Malta will be joining them too. If I had the time I would pack my gear and come with them. They are a bunch of good happy divers. This is their link-

http://www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=4859

Cheers

Lawrence

Nessy:
Hi all

I know a cpl of good ops to dive with (I was there last year in the same sit as you non diving gf) and I should be able to find the appartment details if you want, superb and cheap.

PM if you want me to look it up for you.

Cheers
Hoppy

Thanks Lawrence. I am supposed to meet someone at the London Dive show at the end of this month. Actually im supposed to meet alot of people at the show! Hey Zippsy, the diving is good here and you meet nice girls! That is, if you can get passed my Instructors! Check out www.mobydivesgozo.com Or check us out on stand P 40 at the London Dive Show. Happy Diving all!

Voted for Malta, but recommend you (also) go to Xlendi bay in Gozo.

Hey Ron, so do I! Not because I live in Xlendi! Just about to kit up and dive the Xlendi Cave. Happy Diving all!

Hi Nessy

I recommend Malta too. It's a great place to visit even if you're not diving. You’ll enjoy it even more if you and your girlfriend are interested in history, anthropology, archaeology, architecture, and good food and wine. Another bonus is that the natives are friendly and speak English. As for the diving, it's claimed to have the best ding in the Med.

Happy Holidays

Sylvie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom