Which new reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What did you do with your old regs? If you still have them, then use them.

No can do -- when I quit oh-so-long ago, I gave them to my LDS to use as rentals/student gear. The owner had treated me really well over the years, so I had no issues with it.

When I was looking to buy, I came down to MK25/A700 and Deep 6.

Turned out I could buy a full set of Deep 6 for the same price as a used set of Scubapro that I'd need to service before I trusted with my life.

I went with Deep 6. We just got back from a week in Jamaica and i'm not at all disappointed with my decision.

My intended use will be strictly travel/tropical use. I did enough cold water/drysuit diving in my former life, and have no desire to re-visit it.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/advice/commentary. Thanks!!!

Based on this, I will suggest brands like Scubapro, Aqualung or Apeks, something you can find support easily and anywhere in the world. You don't need a top of the line set for your usage.

Atomic is great, but I dn't think it has the same world wide support as the above 3. No experience with Mare, Cressi or Sherwood myself, but I don't remember seeing them as much as the above 3 in a few tropical location I have been to.

And don't go to Oceanic/Hollis unless you get super deep discount. They are NOT as the same quality level as the big the names or even some smaller names. And people know it. You can see this reflected in their resale value.

SOOOOOOOOOOO many opinions to be offered.

I use HOGS and like them...I would like Hollis too if I dove with them and others........There is a gentlemen selling HOGS new at a great price in the classified section...I bought one to compliment my other two as a backup...for the asking price, you just CANT go wrong!

For Sale - I'm starting to find my garage...

Thanks for all the quick info everyone!

@eelnoraa makes a valid point I hadn't thought of -- service/support away from home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom