Which mask? single, double, 3 or even more windows?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look at these:

Mares X Vision and Mid X Vision
Scuba Pro Solo and Orbit (frameless)
Atomic Frameless--the best mask in the world
AL Mini Mask

Frameless single pane masks are the rage now.

N

Atomic Frameless--the best mask in the world

I already have two nice masks, but I just tried one of these and had to buy it. Really clear glass and I can see my waist, which is where I keep my SPG.

For boots and fins, You need to get boots that are comfortable on your feet, then get fins that fit them. In the end it has to be a pair that works together.

Also, get a snorkel you can fold and put in your BC pocket.

While I don't have as much experience as some posters, I will add my voice and my .02. Side windows on a mask have been a distraction and I found them annoying more than helpful. My DI wore one just during classes so he could have peripheral vision to catch problems. But he told me that that is the ONLY time he used them. For the same reasons.

If you have vision problems, don't forget to take care of that when you get your mask. You want to have a clear view of your surroundings AND your gauges. Don't scrimp. The view is the reason you are down there, the other stuff is to get you there.

As far as fins and boots, fit is not just king, it's everything. It all has to work together. You want to feel totally comfortable and at home with everything. If something needs to be changed, change it and get it right.

+1 on removeable snorkels. Although nowadays I find it easier just to tuck it into the cummerbund like a wallet on my right side so it's right there out of the way. Just seemed to evolve that way and it works quick to put it away and quick to get it out. Try different things and see what works for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom