Which Ladies' BC???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My girlfriend uses the Mares Ariel (sometimes known as the Arial Dragonfly). She likes it very much. The weight integrate quick release is well designed but using the weight integrate pockets makes the side zippered pockets pretty much useless - this is the only drawback that I can see. I've examined a couple of Scubapro Ladyhawks and the weight pockets on those seemed excessively large. The Ariel also has a much simpler "wing" design i.e. the wing is not bungied like the ladyhawk's (I should say that both are back inflate BCs). The Ariel also packs very flat so is good for travel.

LadyHawk here also...I love that BC...I just got to use it for the first time in the Bahamas and I couldn't be happier with it..it's very comfortable best $$ spent. just 1 pocket but hey, who needs a bunch of pockets..didn't even use the pocket for anything once.

Diva LX Deluxe fan here.
Yes, they still make them!!
Plenty of lift.

I tried on the Scubapro ones but I didnt like the shoulder straps - they cut into my boobs too much for me.
But everyone's shape & comfort factor is very different, so try on as many as you can. Good shops will let you stick a tank on the back and inflate the jacket so you can guess how it feels.

Zeagle Zena lover .... have done 120 dives in it ... love that it can be ordered in various sizes for the shoulders, vest & back - I'm short so I needed small shoulders, big busted so I needed a larger back & vest .... comes apart easily for travel packing .... and the zip up vest is great - tightens at the waist & hips - no velcro to pull my wetsuit, can easily be tightened more under water with a quick pull. Just one small fold-up pocket, but pockets can be added if required .... I prefer clipping my gear to the variety of d-rings.

The vest style is flattering and keeps everything "up top" well situated and in place so it's a lot easier to read my console. And, yep....it packs well too.

Plus... I really like the American flag logo on the velcro keeper ....it's kinda neat and patriotic!

My wife loves her SeaQuest Diva. Says she feels "secure", and her tank doesn't flop around. Perhaps the best thing is to follow the advice to try on (or preferably dive) as many as you can.

I dive a 6lb steel backplate and wings. When I first saw it I thought NO WAY! What a god awful uncomfortable looking thing ...and then I put it on. Not uncomfy at all, very sleek and fits any shape. I added some weight pockets and a pad for the back and just love it. Backplates are also great for travel. When I went to cozumel recently I fit my entire system (BC, Regulator, Mask, & Lights) into a carry on bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom