Which Ladies' BC???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firewater

Registered
Reaction score
Dear ladies,

I have decided to buy a new BC and want to get a Ladies one. I would love, if you guys can tell me which one you have and how you rate it, if there is any problams with it etc. My first choice was Tusa Selene, but I have recently heard that it is very heavy and bulky if you travel a lot. So now open again for suggestions and feedback.

Firewater,
My wife has a Seaquest "Libra" and loves it. Being rather large in the bosom, she really appreciates the way that it adjusts to acommodate the female form.
It's a very light, weight intergrated, back inflation type BC.

I have an Athena and LOVE it. You are definately going to love a "ladies" BC. I tried on every one that I could find when I was looking and found that the Athena fit me like a glove. I no longer constantly "feel" my BC, as it does not sag, drop, pull, etc.

You may also want to check out some old threads, as this topic has been posted MANY times and there were great feedback each time!

Cheers and happy hunting!

firewater:
Dear ladies,

I have decided to buy a new BC and want to get a Ladies one. I would love, if you guys can tell me which one you have and how you rate it, if there is any problams with it etc. My first choice was Tusa Selene, but I have recently heard that it is very heavy and bulky if you travel a lot. So now open again for suggestions and feedback.
I wouldn't limit yourself to ladies BCs. Yes, one of those may very well turn out to fit best, but then again something else may turn out to fit better. You just have to try on a variety.

That said I have a Ladyhawk, which I like as it's comfortable, fits me well and feels very stable. I just miss having pockets.

I have the Eva, it's very streamlined/bare. two very tight pockets and intergrated weights, just enough room for the essentials. I would suggest getting a ladies BC. I am umm, how to say this, 'small' up top and I can't wear a men's BC cause of the strap placement so size really doesn't matter there.
Another idea I've heard is to get a backplate/wing set up. I've never had one on, but I've heard they are commfy.

you should at least give a backplate and wing setup a look. There is no problem with fit and they are way more configureable than a BC. A stainless backplate is about 7lbs and an aluminum one is about 2lbs. You can add weight pockets if you need and whatever else you might want :wink: My ex-wife uses a Diva LX and loves it...though I think they quit making them.

I have the Scubapro Ladyhawk and really like it. It's a very streamlined back inflate BC. I looked at the Seaquest Diva LX also which was nice, but bulkier. With the Ladyhawk on I can put my arms straight down at my sides. It's very comfortable and I like the pull knobs on the dump valves. It has nice integrated weight pouches. I also like the tank strap, the cam buckle is very easy to use and secure--less complicated than the Diva. The only negative to the Ladyhawk is that it's so streamlined it doesn't have any knife grommets and has only one hanging mesh pocket (the men's version Knighthawk has 2 pockets-what's up with that?) so don't expect to carry a lot of junk with you. You can clip things to your D-rings with retractors if you want. Back inflate is nice-no squeeze and keeps you horizontal underwater. Make sure you try on a lot of different BCs to see what you like and what fits you best.

I recently purchased a Scubapro Ladyhawk, replacing my Seaquest Diva QD. Got to try out the Ladyhawk in a pool session last night. Took a little getting used to the back inflate, but I think I'm really going to like it. Very streamlined. I liked my Diva, just wanted something with a little more lift. Definitely got that with the Ladyhawk. As others have said, try on lots of different BC's and different sizes.

My wife has a Seaquest Eva and loves it.

It has a couple of pockets that are not bulkly is weight integrated and does not interfer with her comfort in the chest area. She found most men's BCD hurt her when they were cinched down.

It packs easily and she has made about a half a dozen trips to Cozumel with it and it is still going strong. She bought it brand new with the tag still on it off Ebay with no problems.

She had tried my Seaquest BlackDiamond which is back inflation and did not like being tilted over if she overinflated on the surface. Also she did not care for all the D-rings and big buckles. My backplate and wing just did not appeal to her.

Jim
Louisiana

Another Ladyhawk lover here. It took a while before I stopped getting frustrated with the ONE pocket, but now have configured pretty comfortably. Also, it may take you a couple of dives to figure out how to best distribute the weight.

Back
Top Bottom