WHich Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
Maui is more of a night life party scene, the kids might like that. Plenty to do above water for a few days. Molokini crater is way over rated IMHO, the back wall and reef ends are world class. Kona side is not so much into the night life but it has great shore diving. Owning a boat there, I still shore dove most of the time. It also has the manta dive and blackwater dive. Many more days of top side adventures on the big Isle too. Sorry Lisa but Oahu just kinda sucks. Just got back today from my first trip to Kauai. Nice island but not so great if diving is you foucs.
If your into quiet and laid back, Big Isle, if you want shopping and bar hopping, Maui. You wont go wrong either way.
What is the balck water dive? We are thinking of going back to hawaii in June or July, its been several years since we have been there. want to do the manta dive for sure. what about the lava tubes? Is that a good dive? I have been to Molokini and we may go back to maui also. One island we have not been to is kauai.

Thanks for all info. Now it seams that we must also consider the Keys for a trip. Maybe 2 trips? Keep the ideas coming. Maybe that will help us decide.

Back
Top Bottom