Which is the better regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you may have just read it that way. It didn't come off condescending to me at all. It came off very clear, that you had one choice (Atomic) if you wanted made in America.
I hope so. Sure would have been nice to just say where the Zeagles are made, though. I wouldn't have said another word other than "thanks".

How about from USA closest ally: Apeks(UK)?

Zeagle regulators are now made in the same Costa Mesa, California factory as all Atomic regs. Additionally the new F8 Flathead regulator was developed in collaboration with the Atomic regulator team and Atomic made an upgrade kit for all the old Zeagle made regulators. If you have any doubt read the blog in Zeagle's website or give Huish an email, they respond supprisingly fast. For me it is the best comprimise between Atomic engineering/production quality in a sealed diaphragm design. I also love how even the flathead first stage is with the tank valve. Hitting my head on the first stage is now a thing of the past.

Zeagle regulators are now made in the same Costa Mesa, California factory as all Atomic regs. Additionally the new F8 Flathead regulator was developed in collaboration with the Atomic regulator team and Atomic made an upgrade kit for all the old Zeagle made regulators. If you have any doubt read the blog in Zeagle's website or give Huish an email, they respond supprisingly fast. For me it is the best comprimise between Atomic engineering/production quality in a sealed diaphragm design. I also love how even the flathead first stage is with the tank valve. Hitting my head on the first stage is now a thing of the past.
Complying with the Made in USA Standard | Federal Trade Commission

If you want a made in USA regulator...choose Atomic

Last edited:
I'm really not sure what part of the page you linked indicates that Zeagle regulators are not made in the USA, can you be more specific?

From Zeagle's website:

Regulator Performance

"Our regulators are US made, built under strict controls for quality in our own factory, using state of the art equipment and procedures. - See more at: Regulator Performance"

I'm really not sure what part of the page you linked indicates that Zeagle regulators are not made in the USA, can you be more specific?

From Zeagle's website:

Regulator Performance

"Our regulators are US made, built under strict controls for quality in our own factory, using state of the art equipment and procedures. - See more at: Regulator Performance"

I am pretty versed in the manuf. side of our industry. I'm also not going to let out trade secrets of overseas suppliers or even my competition. If you want a US made reg (as defined by the US gov) get a Atomic

A little late to the party but hope this helps. We are a dealer for many brands and have used almost all of them in our rental department. I have tossed all of them except for the Atomics. I have some Z2 regs in our rental dept that are now 10 years old and are as good as new. It's the only reg in our rental dept that consistently performs reliably with minimal maintenance. Almost trouble free. We used to environmentally seal them just to keep water and coral sand out of the 1st stage but we stopped that practice because it isn't necessary. A quick rinse keeps it clean and salt free.
With the Z2 you can add swivel ports to the 1st stage, you can environmentally seal them, and you can add a swivel 2nd stage hose if you desire. Upgrade it as you gain experience and necessity.
We modify and upgrade customers Atomic regulators all the time. The Z3 has the swivel 2nd stage hose but is otherwise identical.
We are an Authorized Atomic Dealer and Service Technicians. If you have any questions about the Atomic regs please feel free to ask. PM is probably best or email because I'm not on this site every day.
Larry

A little late to the party but hope this helps. We are a dealer for many brands and have used almost all of them in our rental department. I have tossed all of them except for the Atomics. I have some Z2 regs in our rental dept that are now 10 years old and are as good as new. It's the only reg in our rental dept that consistently performs reliably with minimal maintenance. Almost trouble free. We used to environmentally seal them just to keep water and coral sand out of the 1st stage but we stopped that practice because it isn't necessary. A quick rinse keeps it clean and salt free.
With the Z2 you can add swivel ports to the 1st stage, you can environmentally seal them, and you can add a swivel 2nd stage hose if you desire. Upgrade it as you gain experience and necessity.
We modify and upgrade customers Atomic regulators all the time. The Z3 has the swivel 2nd stage hose but is otherwise identical.
We are an Authorized Atomic Dealer and Service Technicians. If you have any questions about the Atomic regs please feel free to ask. PM is probably best or email because I'm not on this site every day.
Larry

I have the same experience as you do with the Atomic line of regulators. I do keep and always use the sealed FS however.

My question to you is why would one upgrade the Z2 and add the swivel turret to the FS, wouldn't that make its cost VERY close to the B2? If I wanted a swivel turret, I'd just buy the B2 from the beginning.

(What I don't like about the Atomic product line is the that the SS hose has the permanently attached swivel that makes the hose and changing the hose extremely expensive. If the swivel were independent of the hose, it would have been most ideal).

I have the same experience as you do with the Atomic line of regulators. I do keep and always use the sealed FS however.

My question to you is why would one upgrade the Z2 and add the swivel turret to the FS, wouldn't that make its cost VERY close to the B2? If I wanted a swivel turret, I'd just buy the B2 from the beginning.

(What I don't like about the Atomic product line is the that the SS hose has the permanently attached swivel that makes the hose and changing the hose extremely expensive. If the swivel were independent of the hose, it would have been most ideal).

Sorry for the late reply. We have divers who want a starter reg so they purchase the Z2 and then decide in a year or two after they get some experience and maybe a few additional certifications that they want to add a swivel turret or a swivel hose.The nice thing about the Atomic is that you can easily upgrade even the most basic starter model with many of the same features as the more expensive models as your budget allows. We don't charge labor costs for most mods as long as it is done at the time of their overhaul service.

In regards to you observation about the swivel hose price I've found a little less expensive option is to add the Miflex Dual Swivel hose. I've done about a dozen of these last year. They come in many colors which is another plus for some divers. My wife dives a Z2 second stage with a Miflex Dual Swivel hose mounted on a B2 first stage with the swivel LP turret. I just added a Miflex Dual Swivel to a Z3 last week for a diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom