Which First Stage Reg Would You Go With?

Which First Stage Reg Would You Go With?

• Scubapro MK17

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Scubapro MK25

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Oceanic FDX10

• Apeks DS4

• Apeks FSR

• Mares Abyss 22

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Dive Rite 3000

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Poseidon Xstream Dive

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked the FSR but only because you didn't list the Flathead FST, which is what I dive (Apeks XTX100). The flathead has a low profile and side facing ports on the first stage. I'm not a fan of the radial design on first stages where the hose ports are mounted around the perimeter of the first stage, I don't care for the hose routing that causes.

My dive buddy switched from the MK25s to the MK17s and couldn't be happier with them. The MK17 would easily be my second choice.

The Delta 4 is my pick form the group, but my first choice would be the Mares proton PE which is a abyss22 with a extreme cold water parts install, different form the standard abyss22.

Zeagle Flathead VI, I am going to pick that up today. Have done a fair amount of research and was looking at that vs. MK17. Recently a friend who is a technician told me they are about equal, but suggested the Flathead VI as they have fewer parts and are easier for a tech to work on.

I picked the FSR but only because you didn't list the Flathead FST, which is what I dive (Apeks XTX100). The flathead has a low profile and side facing ports on the first stage. I'm not a fan of the radial design on first stages where the hose ports are mounted around the perimeter of the first stage, I don't care for the hose routing that causes.

Likewise...

I would prefere the Aqualung Supreme LX ACD which is unfortunately not listed. Out of the listed ones, the Apeks DS4 would be my choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom