which first, camera or housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the main concern with C5060 is about the ability to use wetmount wide angle lens. I have not followed up on this since I was not really looking for the C5060.
Someone with a C5060 should be able to tell you better. My impression is that you pretty much stuck with the Oly wide angle lens and ports for wide angle shot and it is not wetmount.
As Dee said, I forgot to mention that other options for C5050 is available (although more expensive) such as Ikelite housing but at around $600 which is what I have. A very nice housing but bulkier than the PT 015.
Brighter lens on C5050 is not really an issue, at least for me. I shoot most of my macro shots with F8 and F4-F5.6 for wide angle. I can't remember the last time I actually need F1.8 for anything.

I was on a couple of sites just a couple of days ago. buydig.com and b&h photo for the c5050 and the pt015 housing. Don't think either site had both. I think buy dig had the camera and b&h the housing.. good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom