Which DUI drysuit to consider?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emttim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm looking at the DUI 12-month payment plan, and I can't fill out how much to borrow, because honestly I don't have a damn clue which drysuit I would want. I just know I want a DUI drysuit, despite being perfectly happy with Pinnacle's wetsuits, because DUI is...well, DUI.

The other thing I guess I'm curious on is whatabout gloves, boots, etc.? I have Twin Jet Max split fins, are those fins big enough to hold drysuit boots? Which ones should I get, the rockboots or something else? How about gloves? Hood? Would you recommend non-split fins if I do have to get different fins since I understand if I do want to go into tech diving, almost no tech divers use split fins since it prevents you from doing frog kicks? Any advice/input from you guys who use dry suits would be appreciated!

I guess the first question is what kind of diving are you going to do? If you plan on diving locally in Cali, you'll do a lot of colder water diving, so a CF200 is nice as it'll keep you warmer. Otherwise if you want to be able to travel, then you may want a TLS series. Do you want shoulder entry (and save $~500+) and need help zipping up or do you want to be able to do things yourself and get the quickzips? What about accessories (pockets/knee pads/p-valve/zip seals/etc)? Do you mind waiting a few hours for your drysuit to completely dry before storing it away? Keep in mind that along with the suit, you may need to get undergarments if you don't already. You can find threads on cheap ebay undergarments if you search.

Back
Top Bottom