Which Dry Suit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kennyscot

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking into buying a drysuit. The ones I'm thinking about are the DUI TLS350 or the CF200. The problem is in the stock suits the sock or boot sizes are always too large. I would normally fit into a Med size suit, but the boot or sock sizes are 9-10. I wear an 8, leaving alot of extra sock stuffed into the rock boot causing discomfort. I hate to pay alot of $$ for something that my feet are always cramped up. Not enjoyable at all. They are both good suits but I just have small feet. I could go with the Select models, but $300-$400 extra just to get the right size sock doesn't seem right. I don't need a custom suit, just the right size socks. Any suggestions? Will DUI deal? I can't be the only diver with this problem.

Slightly larger rock boot. Make sure the sock isn't bunched up inside the boot. It works for the rest of us.

theskull

I would DUI might deal on a $2000 investment and make sure their customers would be happy and be return customers

Dealers have a "very healthy" margin on those suits. Get your dealer to throw it in, they can still make their house payment from the sale. Its only $200 to change the sock size on a stock suit if you fit a stock. Look on page 9 of the "20 page MSRP price list." You can get the list from DUI's site, here is the link
http://www.dui-online.com/pricing.htm

If money is an issue, you might call Scubatoys and see what they are willing to do for you. Tell them you saw them on Scubaboard. In the end, I decided on the CF200x and ordered it from Scubatoys. I got mine with zipseals. Its in the custody of UPS right now.

Kennyscot:
I'm looking into buying a drysuit. The ones I'm thinking about are the DUI TLS350 or the CF200. The problem is in the stock suits the sock or boot sizes are always too large. I would normally fit into a Med size suit, but the boot or sock sizes are 9-10. I wear an 8, leaving alot of extra sock stuffed into the rock boot causing discomfort. I hate to pay alot of $$ for something that my feet are always cramped up. Not enjoyable at all. They are both good suits but I just have small feet. I could go with the Select models, but $300-$400 extra just to get the right size sock doesn't seem right. I don't need a custom suit, just the right size socks. Any suggestions? Will DUI deal? I can't be the only diver with this problem.
Silly question since it looks like you've made up your mind for a DUI suit,but have you considered another brand of suit. There are comparable if not better suits on the market for less money. I've own a DUI suit,along with 3 other brands of dry suits,and the DUI is the lowest performer. If you ever talk to Steve at Gamblescuba.com who does drysuit repair for a living,he has made his fortune on DUI suit repairs.

You're not looking for custom tailoring, just mixing and matching of parts. Suggest that someone buck up and throw it in or find a more reasonable brand/dealer. After all they get an instant turnover on your sale and will probably ask for some of your $$ in advance.

Pete

As others have sugested, you might wat to look at an alternate brand. You wouldn't have that problem with a Bare or an Atlan....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom