Which do you prefer-Lantern or pistol grip? Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally Ive always preferred pistol grip, atleast up to a certain size.. If It gets too big I guess it could become a "balancing act" but I dont use that big lights (yet)

latern...can place it over my hand to do other things

Neither.

I have the pistol grip UK.... it gets tireing after awhile.

Get a can light with a goodman handle. you will forget its there, and they are all brighter.

+1 for neither. Goodman is the way to go.

Thanks to all. A can light is not in the cards for me right now. I guess the pistol vs. lantern is personal preference.

Both. I have a couple cheap Dacor 4 D-cell lights that have a handle that pulls and twists to convert from one mode to the other in a couple seconds.

My answer to your question is pistol grip, because it just feels more comfortable to me.

I have to agree with the othersthough that a can light with a goodman handle is the way to go though. An option for you if money is the issue might be something like the Oxycheq Raider with a light sock. It works just like a can light with a soft goodman handle only not as bright and without the cord/canister.

I have a UK Light Cannon (big, bulky and heavy, although not the biggest around), and I have both the lantern handle and the pistol grip, and have tried both. It's pretty hard to decide. Right now I'm using the lantern handle.

I have a fantasy of making my own Goodman-type handle for it, to fit into the dovetail slot like the others. I work in a machine shop, so it wouldn't be too hard to do, it's just that at the end of the day when it's time to decide do I want to stay another hour or two and work on this handle, or go home and relax, well, so far it's just a fantasy.

I realize just putting a Goodman handle on a big bulky battery case like the Light Cannon probably won't work very well, but I won't know for sure until I make one and try it. Who knows, it may work just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom