Which Diveshop in Borneo???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craley

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all

Want to do my DiveMaster in Borneo but not sure where to do it all. Leaning towards Scuba Junkie. I have heard good and bad things about it and all the other Dive shops on the island but it is hard to get a clear idea of what it is actually like. So, if anyone has dived with a shop on Borneo and could tell me about it or done their DM at any of the shops there it would be great if you could post some comments!
Thanks

Hi Crawley, quite honestly, i won't advise Scuba Junkie unless you are penny pinching. But for a good experience in diving in Borneo, especially when you are doing DM training, I would suggest Borneo Divers. They are the oldest diving operations in Borneo and today, they run a highly rated Diving Institute in Kota Kinabalu.

I have dived and trained with Borneo Divers and I find their staff to be friendly, patient and accomodating, yet strictly professional with their courses. So rest assured that if you are certified as DM by Borneo Divers, you are as well trained as any of the top dive centres in the world. I recommend Borneo Divers to anyone...

Can't agree with scorpenesub more. As a dive pro, I appreciate a good operation. Borneo Divers Mabul is one. Scuba Junkies is not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom