Which Dive Shops Pick Up Near Plaza?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear the worthless taxi mafia is still at it. Thus why I never NEVER tip those clowns.

3P's isn't pulling anything that would upset the taxi mafia. They use taxis all the time to take divers from town to the boat in the AM and bring them back in the PM.

Maybe they changed. I had always heard they were hauling divers down to caleta. Don't get me wrong if they were, good for them. It was just a bold move.

When I was diving with 3P's in December there were some divers who would ride with staff down but as they have grown and become more and more popular it is short $ for them to grab cabs in town and at the marina to move the majority of the divers back and forth. I think their daily 2-tank dive rate may have gone up $2 or something over the past 2 years... probably to pay the Taxi Mafia. For an extra $2 to have dependable transport all the time it's dirt cheap and their 2-tank rates are still far less than many on the island that don't offer anywhere near the level of service in my opinion. As with most... the more you dive the cheaper it is. We always book the max discount at 5, 2-tank dives and go from there for our annual Coz dive trip that seems to get longer and longer each year. Dec 2015 was 16 days. With the price of airfare, it just makes sense to stay longer and longer each year!

Back
Top Bottom