Which dive resort in Nusa Lembongan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I last dived with BCD last Sept. Its a good laid back operation, generally quiet, next to their own backpackers and close to good eateries being a walk away. Have dived with WD as some have said a little more divers there. A good op indeed. Generally if you want to mingle with divers WD is good. BCD is a little smaller, younger crowd. Both have good DMs though WD has more locals BCD has a few European/ US DMs. 2fish is new to the bloc. I cant believe how crowded Lembongan is now. Full of surfies and backpackers, back in 09 it was real nice and chill. I guess it still is to an extent but theres been a ton of development on jungut batu foreshore. Guess word gets out quick..

Blue Corner pros - San Mig Lite :D

Yipeee!! :cheers:
Glad to hear that our cold beer makes the list of pros! San Mig Light seems to be a favorite in the pool following the afternoon dives - especially nice at sunset with a slice of lime :wink: We now have cold cider at the bar too!

We dived with world diving in summer 2011. Negative:
- Every morning we had to wait quite a long time until all the other divers had their equipment (we travelled with our own). We had the impression that also the ones who were diving with WD all the time got different rental gear every day (and had to try it on..).

Have to agree about the daily AM wait, but it may be true of several Lembongan ops? We dove for 1 week daily with WD in Christmas season 09 and thought they might allow us to come a little later (we stayed off site) after seeing us waiting half geared up every day. It was typically 45 min-1 hr to wait for everyone else to sign forms and get gear -- every day seemed to have a lot of new/newer divers. I do think they should tell experienced divers who have dove that week and have their own equipment to come later. If you are travelling out of peak seasons, wait should be less.

OTOH they aced the manta dive, arriving on the right tide before any other boats (there were tonnes of boats and divers when we surfaced). Having more than one boat going offered site choice. Service was personal and guiding was good. We were picked up nearby every day by motor bike (interesting with the SLR).

Edited to add: yes, we experienced several multi-hour power failures in 09, often after we returned from diving. Many tourists on island no doubt exacerbated things. We really liked where we stayed (food, room, location), but they did not have a generator backing up power in the bungalows.

Last edited:
I dove with WD in October '12. Loved them!!! Never experienced any excessive waiting but I requested to be put on a small fast boat, preferably with intermediate and advanced divers. They were able to hook me up, so I didn't need to dive from the big slow boat... We always were the first boat on any dive site which made a difference esp. with giant manta rays...

My DM was Wayan Biaha, an amazing guide, was able to find everything we wanted and bring us to sites we requested, weather and sea conditions permitting.I was also lucky to hook up for the most of my dives with another solo diver and we made a great buddy team, so that helped, too. Food was fine, accommodation was simple in the front bungalows right next to the dive shop. I was traveling solo and wasn't looking for luxuries... For the price the front bungalows were a steal.

John and Sue, the owners, were absolutely amazing. They really listened to my diving requests and made honest efforts to meet them. Highly recommend them!!!OTOH, I have no experience with the other two dive shops, so I cannot really compare. But if I come to Lembongan another time, I'll head straight to WD again.

Back
Top Bottom