Which dive operator to use??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go down 2 to 3 times a year. I too love convenience and a nice boat diving experience. I always dive with Cristina Roman at

Scuba Diving in Cozumel with Cristina

Her website says it all. but she is a very nice, considerate Native Mexican. She owns her own diving and fishing boat, is very knowledgable about the island and the local culture. Her boat lunch is great, she has all the DAN safety stuff, can do nitrox, and she has a very happy and jovial crew.

Anyway, you should try her out. Totally worth it.

My usual mantra: As an instructor, I tell anyone who asks and my students that when going to Coz, decide what kind of diving you want to do first - then you'll be able to find any one or more excellent Cozumel dive operators to cater to it by using generally available information, this board, specific experience of your instructor, his or her friends, whichever...Personally, in scores of Cozumel dive trips, I have never used anyone other than Dive Paradise (except once I went out on Christie's boat just for the experience and had a very good time) but only because I have been diving with them since they started and I am friends with Apple - there are many, many good ops in Cozumel.

Beware of people saying this one or that one is "the best" or "better than all" or "the worst" because most people don't really have a clue at all (sorry, but really it's true), and unless they have dove with every operation at least once in every conceivable set of conditions and then with every single crew member and dive master of that operation, again in every single set of conditions, and have done it regularly enough to make a valid comparison (now we are talking about the impossible - thousands of permutations and combinations) then they can't really say.

I also wouldn't go with the actual recommendation of the tourist diver, because chances are they have only dove with one operator, so what do they know? (no offense intended)...

In the end, again, the type of diving you want to do and whether or not the op meets all of the rest of your needs will define what will be good for you.

Just to say, you couldn't go wrong with any of the operations mentioned (or that will be mentioned) in this thread IMHO, since most SB users have great experience.

CN

(except once I went out on Christie's boat just for the experience and had a very good time)

I also wouldn't go with the actual recommendation of the tourist diver, because chances are they have only dove with one operator, so what do they know?

CN

You missed the other "bolding" opportunity presented by the post...nor am I a "tourist diver," (or someone that got just into the business pretty recently) and I have been out with probably over 250 different dive operators, world-wide, over the last over 30 years of diving...so nice try...but a swing and a miss there...Midol Latte anyone?

You missed the other "bolding" opportunity presented by the post...nor am I a "tourist diver," (or someone that got just into the business pretty recently) and I have been out with probably over 250 different dive operators, world-wide, over the last over 30 years of diving...so nice try...but a swing and a miss there...Midol Latte anyone?

Just saving it for prosperity :wink:

:mooner::lotsalove: < oops, wrong finger...LOL

Back
Top Bottom