Which cave has killed the most divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think what we are all afraid of is another Jaws, which was well intended but had the unintended consequence of devastating some water sports and misinforming an entire generation. Even the author has now disavowed it and apologized. It was well made, well acted, a riveting story, etc. You can't blame lack of quality.
And I'm sure many of us have had conversations with people who won't try diving because of Jaws.

50% of this thread: Chastise OP

45% of this thread: Other discussion

5% of this thread: Answering OP's question

lolscubaboard

Last edited:
50% of this thread: Chastise OP

45% of this thread: Other discussion

5% of this thread: Answering OP's question

lolscubaboard
I'm impressed. Only 5% wasted time answering an ill-posed and meaningless question! :)

I just saw it as a harmless morbid curiosity question when I read it. But then I saw everyone grabbed their torches and pitchforks because apparently it wasn't harmless.

You are correct, it wasn't harmless.

He initially posted in the cave diving forum to get a name of a real cave that would best suit his previously considered ideas of what he wanted to convey. He clearly explained his intentions.

He gets a blockbuster movie, we get another dynamited cave. Opportunist?

I just saw it as a harmless morbid curiosity question when I read it. But then I saw everyone grabbed their torches and pitchforks because apparently it wasn't harmless.
Correction. Everyone but one. One guy (me) grabbed a chair and popcorn! :wink:

Correction. Everyone but one. One guy (me) grabbed a chair and popcorn! :wink:
1% guy with popcorn

9f0a6bd2d58c3ec8afd37a281eafad71.jpg

I have been on this forum long enough to know that the moment you pose a question such as this, there will be so many sharks who will smell blood.:jaws: :jaws::jaws:It is a perfect opportunity for the environmental crusader to have himself registered and you will see them come flying .:superman:

"A film such as this will cause authorities to dynamite caves!!!" Really? What kind of medical hashish are you smoking? Very few people have died in boxing and Apollo Creed died in Rocky 4. Boxing community should protest against Rocky series right?

Cheap attempts to claim moral supremacy. Specially when you see someone who claims that he has no interest in caves but becomes the biggest crusader of cave diving community a few posts later. :monkeydance:

Back
Top Bottom