Which BC should I get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently looking at OMS. Can't remember the model off my head but it's a BP/W system with 30pounds lift. Not exactly sure why I'd need so much lift but was recommended by a friend (DM certified). Checked the prices and not surprisingly enough it's cheaper to get it from US then it is here. I guess I'll do more dives and rent in the mean time.

I think most dive gear these days is of fairly high quality.

That said, if the only scuba gear for sale today was made by OMS, I'd give up diving. I'm basing that solely on the couple of experiences I've had with their equipment, but if the rest of their gear is as bad as what they sold me, I'd be afraid to use it underwater. Not to mention their complete lack of warranty support or even customer service.

YMMV

I think most dive gear these days is of fairly high quality.

That said, if the only scuba gear for sale today was made by OMS, I'd give up diving. I'm basing that solely on the couple of experiences I've had with their equipment, but if the rest of their gear is as bad as what they sold me, I'd be afraid to use it underwater. Not to mention their complete lack of warranty support or even customer service.

YMMV

John could you elaborate on the problems you faced please? Thanks!

DD

Huh?

I have hundreds of warm water Caribbean dives in a 5 lb steel plate, which almost perfectly offsets the buoyancy of a near-empty AL80. Then it's just a matter of adding a small weight belt or weights in harness pockets to offset whatever exposure suit I'm wearing.

I can't imagine using a 12 lb. plate for warm water diving. Maybe that's your problem?

I use 14 lbs in warm water with a 5 mil suit:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom