Which Bare Drysuit to get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The front zipper is great to get in and out of. You dont need a buddy to do it for you , and most people can reach all the way to the start of the zipper behind the shoulder to grab the strap. If you cant reach, your buddy can start it for you. the nice thing is that you dont have to rely on your buddy to unzip you if you get too hot out of water or just need to take a piss

As for the neck seals, it comes down to personal preference. I hear N.A. is pretty much neo, while europe is split between neo and latex.

When you say that compressed neo takes a long time to dry, what kind of time frame are we talking here. Is it dripping for days, or just damp hanging in the closet. I am kinda cramped for space, (live in a dorm) and just realized that drying this sucker might be an issue.

oafis once bubbled...
The front zipper is great to get in and out of. You dont need a buddy to do it for you , and most people can reach all the way to the start of the zipper behind the shoulder to grab the strap. If you cant reach, your buddy can start it for you. the nice thing is that you dont have to rely on your buddy to unzip you if you get too hot out of water or just need to take a piss

As for the neck seals, it comes down to personal preference. I hear N.A. is pretty much neo, while europe is split between neo and latex.

When you say that compressed neo takes a long time to dry, what kind of time frame are we talking here. Is it dripping for days, or just damp hanging in the closet. I am kinda cramped for space, (live in a dorm) and just realized that drying this sucker might be an issue.

I'm in the Northeast US, and I've never seen a diver in a neoprene neck seal. Seen tons in latex seals, including myself.

Compressed neo will take a full day or two to dry well. Trilams will usually be dry in a few hours. At least, that's been my experience. Last time I wore my trilam it was completely dry after just an hour of surface interval.

Did I say "Better" that many times :)

The suit I tried on had a latex neck seal and it was very comfortable, which I was really surprised. Usually I can't have anything around my neck (turtleneck sweater) makes me feel like I'm chocking. So I guess I just answered my own question about the neck seal. Everyone says you get used to the neck seal after awhile. My thought there though is what if I don't get used to a neoprene neck seal, then I'll have to send it out to be changed and pay again.

oafis - I would have to take the whole suit off to go take a "piss":D, but the cooling off part would work.

Safe Diving
Barriecuda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom