Which backplate and wing???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not many options. Occasionally a used one will show in the classifieds. Otherwise:

Fred T is a long time maker of custom backplates. It appears he's still doing it. This was from a year ago:

If anyone knows of others, please add them to the thread.
Thanks a lot guys! Rol...That's an awesome setup! I'm going to contact Fred T and see what he says. I tried a normal plate on and it was diving into my kidneys.
I wonder if anyone has experience with the Scuba Force one.
Any opinion on the Xdeep long plates?

Any opinion on the Xdeep long plates?
Do they have one? It's a little confusing because they call their sizing Small and Large, but it's really Small and Standard. They say the "large" is meant for anyone 5'9"/175cm and up, which is not really a large plate.

FWIW, Xdeep is Polish and calling them Small and Large is a direct translation of how you would do it in Polish if you only have two sizes. Mały is small, duży is large. Important info when you are ordering beer.

So I’ve been searching for a bp/w and regulator set up for a while now and this thread as well as others have helped me with that decision. I ended up finding a package deal for the dive rite on divers-supply that was too good to pass up, $1k for the dive rite + 1st stage, 2nd stage, Octo and SPG. I upgraded the 1st stage, 2nd stage, and octo to atomic B2’s for $400 more. I was always expecting to pay $700-$1k for a bp/w (with integrated weights) plus the cost of the regulators.
$1400 and I got a Dive rite transplate harness with SS transplate + voyager xt 35lb wing + 20lb QR weights + Atomic B2 DIN Sealed 1st stage + Atomic B2 regulator + Atomic B2 Octo + SPG.

Everywhere else that package would of cost me $2300!
$960 for harness, bp/w, and QR weight pockets
$799 for B2 sealed Din and B2 second
$459 for B2 Octo
$75 for SPG

If anyone else is looking, the package is here

Back
Top Bottom