Where's Uncle Pug?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP is doing just fine. He is in Oregon on retreat this week and then will be on vacation. I just talked to him a few days ago. He has actually taken up sea kayaking to spend more time with his wife and family.

I am actually quite worried about Snowbear. No word from her for some time. She lost a mare and foal this spring . . .That would be a hard burden to bear.

I miss the big bear too...walking the line isn´t as fun when there´s no big bear hiding in the bushes ready to pounce...

I am happy to hear that UP is doing ok. I don't usually read this forum, but I was wondering about him recently. I guess reading about some of the accidents among our most experienced has me wondering about those we aren't hearing from. Hopefully Snowbear is just taking a break too...

Let's hope we don't lose Pug to the sea kayaking world.. it's every bit as addictive as diving.

grazie42:
I miss the big bear too...walking the line isn´t as fun when there´s no big bear hiding in the bushes ready to pounce...
Snowbear is doing what she must, having embarked on another challenge, making a solo trip in her Boston Whaler (I forgot the name of her boat she decided on where one of you "won" the contest.) She is somewhere between Seward and Valdez in her boat, or on a dive, or having dropped anchor in a cove overnight. It's her birthday today, June 30. (Actually, I just realized, that was 22 minutes ago -
Alaska Time). I figure her greatest birthday gift today was that a large area of the coral gardens in Prince William Sound and the Aleutians is now under federal protection from the fishinging trollers. And I bet she hasn't heard of it yet.

Send your good thoughts her way. Snowbear is my inspiration - doing everything I ever dreamed of but never dared to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom