Where's the best diving in San Diego area ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello John,

Don't get too excited, I am sure you have heard of them and I am just describing them wrong. Out at the point there is a location that has been carved out in several places when tides were lower. Caverns, cravesses, overhanges, whatever you want to call them or all of the above. I went w/ some friends from DUI and have heard that many classes have been taken there. At just over 100 ft, several inlets to explore.

Sorry if I got your hopes up with my inappropriate choice of words. If you haven't been I can get you more details. I remember trying to find them w/ the depth finder and land formations and could probably get you really close. Just need to get degree coords from my friend.

Dive safe, dive often.

John H. Moore once bubbled...

Sea_Nymph:

What / where were the Caverns? Can you describe where you were, both above and below water?

John
San Diego diver who's never heard of such...

Good eve John,

Yes that was the location. I hear there are two sets now :).
We anchored too far South, I didn't get to see them. We had a nice dive though.

Dive safe, dive often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom