Where's Moonie ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFreak:
When shall he be greeting us in Europe?!?!?!
OK guys, we gotta plan our Moonie and Moonie our plan.

Mailing Moonie back and forth across various oceans is going to get real expensive and protracted. And mail handling can be rough. (And what are we going to put on the customs declarations?? :11: )

So I'd suggest we circulate him around North America for a while, and then send him onward -- unless he can be hand-carried.

On that note, a lot of us Americans that are overseas have access to military APO/FPO mail; or, in my case, to DPO (dipomatic post office -- part of the same system). Postage from the U.S. to APO/FPO/DPO, and vice-versa, is basically the same as domestic U.S. postage; you just have to put that dreaded customs declaration on.

What's more, "within theater" (like within Europe), APO/FPO/DPO should be free, because it never enters the USPS system.

So we could send him into one region at a time for circulation, using APO/FPO/DPO as a gateway across the ocean; then Moonie can be circulated around the region as works best.

OBTW... Do we know where Moonie's original home was? It could well have been Poland... here's where most of the manufacturers of these guys seem to be, for Western Europe anyway. Hey, it's a niche industry!!

--Marek

I think he is going to hang out with Uncle Pug & Wendy next, but I'm not sure.

ScubaFreak:
You gotta get in a pic with 'lil moonie David!
So where's his next destination? When shall he be greeting us in Europe?!?!?! :D
Yah I plan to get in the picture, the wife wasn't home when Moonie got here so he got the spotlight. And he will have to make his way over to Europe. Like Lauren said, there could be a hand off in Bonaire.

Well after a bath and a nice night's rest, Moonie was ready to go to work with me. Lucky for me it was "bring a gnome to work day". We went out at lunch to an overlook to look at the Golden Gate Bridge, but it was too foggy to see, maybe next time.
On the ride home Moonie was sitting up front on the dash messing with my fellow comuters. After my Friday night dinner with mom and pop, it was home and time for some relaxing. Moonie took on well to the gambling and drinking. Well tomorrow's another day, hope to spend more quality time with the little guy. He is scheduled to be going up for a visit with his Uncle Pug in Washington mid week, for some diving he hopes.
David

Moonie will probably be hanging out in the PNW for a few weeks. There is an Orca Bait meeting coming up on the 18th. IIRC, Uncle Pug wants to see how Moonie reacts to an ox tox. :drejnd:

That would be nice... but Wendy has moved on... the little tramp. Perhaps we can arrange a meeting with one of her cousins.

There is aways the possibility of making a call on a GPO den... but then Moonie could become a permanent resident if the GPO takes a liking to him.

Well today Moonie and I made our way to one of our LDS's in Dublin (California).
Our mission; to obtain a set of scuba cylinders, PST E7 100's to be exact.
Had been pricing them at many locations and most were asking $349 ea.
I had called Captain Aqua's a few weeks back and they said they had them for $309 ea. When Moonie and I arrived at the shop (should have seen their faces) and notified them of our intentions they gladly showed us their inventory of cylinders. They showed us the 100's and they looked nice, so I asked how much? Dave, a shop diver said "$329". I then said I had spoken with a lady on the phone a few weeks ago and she had informed me the price was $309. Dave said no problem, we'll sell them to you for $309, I immediatley said, "I'll take two". So we went for a little lunch while my new tanks were being filled. Returned to the shop, hung out for another hour talking with Dave about California diving, then headed back home. Life is great, can't wait to check out my new tanks in Monterey, and a big thanks to Captain Aqua's in Dublin for a great deal. :dazzler1:
David

Please, tell me you are going to take them big PST stickers off. Nice tanks though buddy. :D Shiney !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom