Where's everyone diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I did the dania erojacks this morning. It reminded me just how much I hate the walk from the parking lot to where the jacks are hehe. Carrying all that gear walking through soft sand has to be one of the most horribly torturous tasks ever devised by demons.

I didn't do any diving this weekend, but I did go kayaking on the Weeki Wachee River. It was al ot of fun. I highly recommend it.

I am going to count fish tomorrow morning. Beach dive off Johnson St.

Well, did a solo this morning to the 2nd reef near Oakland Park and then a night dive with a friend and some of his advanced students off of Hibiscus.

This morning's dive was fun enough but a really cool thing happened this evening - a sleeping turtle ran right into me while surfacing. When he got is breath, he came down *again* right into my light at my chest. I wish I had my camera!

We were also "buzzed" most of the dive by a huge school of bait fish. One bonked into my mask and never woke up. Also, dozens of Jacks - thought they were Pompano but they might have been something else.

Last "adventure" of the evening - I was with two of the students when I noticed that the rest of the group was gone. Surfacing, I caught a glimpse of the flag about 50 yards south. Rejoining the students, I tried to convince them we had to hustle to find their instructor again. It was like a bad dream - they just shook their heads and continued to forage.

Turned out that there was another group down there, one wearing an idenical wet suit to one of the students. Man, I bet they're talking about the crazy guy who kept trying to insist they follow him lol.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom