where would you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funktup

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have just landed in the phillipines and have 6 weeks here.

Where would you go?

I plan to travel to as many good sites as possible.

I love the bigger stuff and would love to see Mantas here. also whats the average price for a dive? $15/$20 dollars. I have all my own equipment.

if there is anyone aroud who wants to meet up as well just PM me.

Thanks

steve

I have just done a long trip here, 50 days.

Average price for a dive is approx $25 if you have own equip.(sometime more/sometimes less)
I highly recommend Anilao, Malapascua & Cabilao.

Philippines diving is wonderful and lots of variety. I just came back from 3 weeks working in Manila during the week and diving 3-day weekends. Spots within a short drive from Manila are worth a look:
- Puerto Galera with Asia Divers for 4 days was great. I stayed in their affliated El Gallon (private villas). They picked me up, brought me there, sent me on 12 dives, fed me "european food" and took me back. Good spot to dive and lots of europeans go there. Alan Nash is the owner and goes on dives often. Check out Hemingways for german food with an Austrain Chef. El Gallon has a Corsican chef that is pretty good also.

- Anilao and Bantangas is another spot that i dove several times and stayed at Aquaventure Dive Club. Saw many ghost pipefish, frog fish, mimic octopus, blue spotted octopus, ball of 200+ Jacks, etc,

- Wrecks at Coron. Worth doing.

- Dumagetti and Apo Island is worth a visit though a 45 minute domestic flight.

- Subic Bay with Broadway Dive Shop is worth a visit though bad vis but you can swim thru the USS New York scuttled in the harbor during the war.

Have fun.

I would spend some time doing some research on this forum use the search function for

1. Puerto Galera
2. Alona
3. Anilao
4. APO
5. Coron
6. Moalboal
7. Malapascua

During your research you will invariably find info on other great places..

very few of the posts are promotional(advertising) in nature and those that are will stand out..

People are very freindly and accomodating on this forum but are getting tired of folks coming on here and asking the same question over and over again, it is becoming like the movie "Ground Hog Day" ...

Good Luck hope you enjoy your time in the RP and if you have "specific" questions you are welcome to PM me.

Malapascua is your best chance for manats and thresher sharks...

really wish i can join the guys for malapascua... :)

thanks for all the replies,

i have got a sort of itinerary now!

just been to alona beach and cabilao, going to malapascua then padre burgos/sogod bay.

then liveaboard to tubbataha and then donsol for last few days.

sound ok? have i missed anything essential out?

Yes!!! You've missed all the other great places to visit and dive in the Philippines!!!! :cool2::cool2:

But seriously Funk, as I was telling another poster here a while back, you will inevitably miss out on some things. You can't see/ do it all on 1 trip... I think you have a great itinerary there. Tubataha is considered world class... Enjoy it... Don't stress about what you might have done/ seen in other areas... and start planning your next trip there as soon as you can!!!! :D:rofl3: I'm dreaming about my next trip there, although I don't know when that will be...:shakehead:

Cheers!:coffee:

just been to alona beach and cabilao, going to malapascua then padre burgos/sogod bay.

Of course, but that's why you have to come back...:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom