Where would you go in the Caribe if you had a free ticket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viajerochevere:
what made you pick that location?

pretty much what everbody has said: off the beaten track, excellent reef protection program, excellent diving, beautiful place ...

i think i might make it this fall

great advice. now i have alot to think about. i think i will keep my options open and see what destinations i can actually get Delta to honor. thanks.

Ditto Saba. You can read my trip report on it if you want - search should bring it up. Also ditto the Saba Deep dive-op reccommendation!

If you find its hard to use the miles for the full trip (e.g. Delta won't get you to Saba - might to Sint Maarten/St. Martin from which you take a puddlejumper) just use them to get you partway and pay for the rest. E.g. get to Miami and/or as far as San Juan, PR.

Saba or Bonaire.

viajerochevere:
I finally got enough SkyMiles for two free tickets anywhere in the caribbean that delta services.

Good luck redeeming your tickets with Delta. I've got "hundreds of thousands" of Frequent Flyer miles with Delta and I always have difficulty redeeming a ticket. typically locations are "not available" unless you book them 1 year in advance. Either that or only the 5am or 6am flights are available or the connecting flight has a 4 hour layover or you have to fly through 3-4 cities to get there.

Delta is not very good with redeeming tickets at all.

If you do try, then definately try the off season, like the fall (hurricane season) as it's much easier to get tickets to the caribbean redeemed in Sept/Oct/Nov than it is in the spring when all the folks from up north need to get out of the cold.

skynscuba:
I used my Delta miles for a FF ticket on Continental. Going to Bonaire.

I didn't know that Delta would let you redeem Continental tickets.. I'll have to check into that.

Does Contiential still only fly to Bonaire through Houston on a terrible overnight red-eye trip? or did they finally get some decent flights?

Delta has "saver" and "regular" levels for FF tickets like they all do. For the saver ones the seats are limited. The regular ones you can always get if there's room on the plane. They're just twice as many miles - 30k vs. 60k for Caribbean.

Tobago...(here comes the joke part): only because it rhymes with "NO" which is what you'll hear trying to fly anywhere on FF miles (can you say "David Spade?"). As an aside, how does THAT guy get to date Heather Locklear...there really is no justice in the world....ha....anyway, I am serious about Tobago..northside...killer...Saba is great too...

CN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom